Work Abroad

Documents required to work in the United States

Documents required to work in the United States 17 January, 2014Leave a comment

In order to work abroad you must be patient so that you can complete all the necessary paperwork that is required. In the United States, this is especially relevant because there are many documents that you have to fill out to emigrate to the US. You must also be aware that the American authorities will discard your application if there are any small mistakes.

The documentation to apply for a United States visa is carried out in the US embassies and consulates of each country.

To avoid any mistakes or delays to you application for work in the United States, consult the advice below.

Documents to apply for a visa in the United States

You will have to pay a fee and present the following documents that are obligatory for all immigrants looking to work in the United States, no matter what type of visa you are going to apply for.

  • A valid passport that permits you to travel around the United States. The passport should have a validity of at least 6 months.
  • All old passports, especially those you have used to travel to the United States previously.
  • The nonimmigrant visa application form DS-160.
  • Print of the web page confirming your application, with the date and hour of the appointment.
  • color photograph taken in the last 6 months. The size should be 5x5cm.

It is also very likely that you will have to present a certificate of previous criminal convictions and a medical report, as well as academic information or a certificate of financial solvency. In order to assure that you do all the paperwork correctly, as well as all the documents that will be required of you during the process of acquiring a visa to work in the United States, the best thing to do is make copies of all the documents.

Back to US visa